The simulation educates managers on a financial model along with its constituents in a simple and easy way
Gets managers to develop an operations plan using various operational and financial constructs
Cements learning through multiple rounds of application in an exciting realistic operations simulation
San Martin Inc is a large company undergoing restructuring and wants to outsource work. The company is looking for a reliable partner who can handle its work.
ACE Services Inc is a reputed third party service provider that is serious about winning San Martin's business. All participants in the simulation are employees of ACE. They work in groups and each group needs to (a) create a financially viable operations plan and (b) run a pilot. Groups compete with each other and the winner will be the one that shows the best consistency in not just operational results, but also financial results.
* MSAs and Contracts
* P&L Statements
* Direct and indirect costs
* Gross Margins
* Create a profitable Operations plan
* Make right assumptions to secure good gross margins
* Win the pilot
* Do sensitivity analysis
* Become familiar with impact of Operations levers on gross margins.
* Run pilot at weekly level
* Measure impact of ops decisions on gross margin
* Repeat for 7 months
* Make a presentation to “sell” your performance to senior management
True North is a 2 Day simulation program where participants learn the financial impact of their operational decisions and apply them in a simulated environment. The simulation provides a challenging and engaging environment that fosters deep learning.
Benefits: Organizations can benefit from better cost management and profitability.
Data can be customized to suit any process/industry. Parameterizable for both voice and data processes. Inventory carryover possible for data processes. Works for FTE based and transaction based contracts.
Operations Managers, AVPs, VPs of operations. Other people who can benefit are from WFM, Finance, Admin and Training.
* Computers/Laptops with internet connection for each group.
* Workbook for each participant
* Notepads and pens
* Projector for facilitator
* Can be delivered on site, or via video conference to remote locations. Also, Train The Trainer (TTT) option is available
* Instructor Led Program Or Remote Delivery possible
* Uses an Excel based simulator. Basic knowledge of excel required.
* Can be run for up to 15 participants. Groups of 3 participants are typically formed. E.g. 15 participants are divided into 5 groups of 3 each
TRUE NORTH is facilitated by senior OnTrac trainers who have between 8 to 14 years of experience in core operations. They are well trained on this simulation. They combine their own operational experience with the outcomes of the simulation to deliver a very engaging session for participants.
Phone (Philippines): +63 906 200 2880
43/23, 2nd Cross, Promenade Road,
Frazer Town, Bangalore - 560005,