Core Operations is all about balancing staffing with workload…. every minute of the day. All tasks done by TLs are designed around this core need. TLs need to understand how to apply all their skills to achieve the best possible balance. OpSync helps them understand how this can be done
Participants get an opportunity to plan an operation for a fictitious prospective client using the operational principles they learnt in the first step. Participants learn the impact of changes in operational assumptions such as attrition, absence, productivity, team leader span etc. on performance
Participants also get an opportunity to put their plan into action in a simulated environment that mimics a live operation. Participants work in groups and will need to deliver results that are consistent with their plan. They will encounter realistic challenges along the way, that they need to overcome
In the last step, participants will present their performance to senior leaders where they will need to support their operational decisions. The objective of this presentation is to convince senior leader that the group making the presentation is the right group for running this process in the future
Sonica Business Services Inc. is a large services company with several business units. The company is looking for a new leader to handle a process, as its current leader is moving to another role. In order to ensure that the right person gets the job, Sonica has identified a few high potential candidates who need to (a) plan an operation and (b) run the operation so as to meet the planned results. Participants play the role of these high potential candidates. They work in groups, and compete with other groups. The group whose delivery results are closest to its plan will win.
* Workload Hours
* Staff Hours
* Load balancing
* Impact of Attrition/ Absence, Shrinkage, Coaching & Occupancy
* Determine if current staffing is enough
* Make changes if required
* Do Sensitivity Analysis
* Become familiar with impact of key operational levers
* Run the process at weekly level
* Apply operational levers appropriately
* Show consistent performance
* Make a presentation to “sell” your performance to senior management
* Win the role
OpSync is a 1 Day simulation program where participants learn about the fundamental principles of operations management. They learn that all of their management techniques must eventually result in a harmonious balance of work with staffing. The simulation provides a challenging and engaging environment that fosters deep learning.
Benefits: Organizations can benefit from better operations management leading to better cost optimization
Data can be customized to suit any process/industry. Parameterizable for both voice and data processes. Inventory carryover possible for data processes. Works for FTE based and transaction based contracts.
Operations Team Leaders and New Managers. Other people who can benefit are from WFM, Finance, Admin and Training.
* Computers/Laptops with internet connection for each group.
* Workbook for each participant
* Notepads and pens
* Projector for facilitator
* Can be delivered on site, or via video conference to remote locations. Also, Train The Trainer (TTT) option is available
* Instructor Led Program Or Remote Delivery possible
* Uses an Excel based simulator. Basic knowledge of excel required.
* Can be run for up to 15 participants. Groups of 3 participants are typically formed. E.g. 15 participants are divided into 5 groups of 3 each
OPSYNC is facilitated by senior OnTrac trainers who have between 8 to 14 years of experience in core operations. They are well trained on this simulation. They combine their own operational experience with the outcomes of the simulation to deliver a very engaging session for participants.
Phone (Philippines): +63 906 200 2880
43/23, 2nd Cross, Promenade Road,
Frazer Town, Bangalore - 560005,